Resolve to Make Resolutions

Every year I ring in with a new baloney batch of resolutions, which my boyfriend thinks is batshit crazy. His theory is that every year we can make 365 resolutions... You either get up and have a good day or you  get up and have a bad one. I get it. But there has always been something so warm & fuzzy about the thought of one universal reset button for everyone, that one sparkly new day of the year.

I was pondering last years resolutions when it hit me: I haven't ever written them down before, which really has the drawback of not being held accountable for unfinished or failed attempts at a change for the better. After doing a mini-inventory I could only remember a few of of 2015's resolutions that I achieved:
To live a sober year (check)
To cook more and out of my casserole comfort zone (chubby waistline - check)
To start a blog (sorta check)

This year I'm mixing it up and incorporating resolutions into this blog in hopes that I can reflect over the course of the year.

1) Grow my patience. By nature I'm a completely impatient and anxious person. I'm generally unnerved and uncomfortable around strangers. Matters get worse when I open my mouth, or drive. Um, see resolution 2

2) Stop cursing. Yeah, I have a potty mouth. More than any graceful southern woman should hear let alone utter. Who am I kidding? No grace. This rule applies primarily in front of co-workers and young children within earshot. In my last review my boss stated that he could hear me ranting from down the hall after I hung up with a grumpy client. My only defense was, "Well, at least I wait to hang up the phone to tell them what I think of them."

3) Tackle my debt. The truth is we're all indebted to someone. Whether by mortgage, student & car loans, credit card debt - Everyone owes someone something. My goal is to drastically make a dent in it over the course of one year. Who the hell knows... Maybe I'll win the lottery.

4) Yoga, kickboxing, candle making.  Alas, the fun stuff. I always put kids / boyfriends hobbies & activities before my own. These are three that I've secretly wanted to get more involved in and learn more about. The yoga I've done for a couple of years but it's more of a series of quick stretches while my dog observes / judges me and I can't hold certain poses for too long. The kickboxing is something I started after high school but never picked back up. The candle making, well, frankly I'm a hippie at heart and we're supposed to know how to make candles in the event of a zombie apocalypse. Clearly, I've been looking at too much pinterest. 


Comments

Popular Posts